Friday, February 13, 2009

Daily Miracles

About six months ago I was going through a real struggle. I stayed up nights thinking about who I was and if my ideology of Flo was worth anything. I was living each day being thankful, giving and loving unconditionally. I was trying to learn from all the obstacles that had been placed in front of me. I was not getting the response I though I would (in essence fighting Flo). Just before going to sleep I was at the end of my rope. I was ready to give up this ideal and start over again. I said one final prayer before getting my 2 hours of sleep. Please God give me one sign that this is real, something that I need to continue to pursue the ideology of Flo. When I arrived at work the next morning I met the guy that I had been doing most of my work with. We had had many discussions about Flo and life energy. He had brought me a little gift. He is a recovering alcoholic and had a "12 step" book that gave daily affirmations. The book was 365 pages with each page dated. On that exact day the title of the page was "Finding Flow in Everyday Life." I read the passage and it said every morning I say this prayer "I arise oh God to do thy will." Prayer is a way for us to get closer to God not a way for God to get closer to us. Meditate and understand that when our life is negative it is because we have moved away from God not God moving away from us. When we are negative the stream of good leaves us and by being positive we reconnect to the stream of good. Sounds a lot like Flo. I was beside my self and thanked my coworker saying "You have no idea what this means to me." He then told me that he read this that morning and though I would like to read it. When he left his house he had forgotten it and decided to go back and get it. I was speechless. In my eyes this was a miracle. Just think of the timing. When was the book published? How did the author decide that that day was the one to put that particular passage? Why did my coworker go back to his house and get it?
I believe these instances happen everyday. When we are in Flo we become more aware of all the circumstances that happen around us. We become in tune with how grand our world is and how just meeting the right person at the right time often in itself is a small miracle. Look at the number of happily married couples. Look at what is learned from those relationships that failed and how they are helping you today. Where they really a failure? Aren't they just learning expierences (no good or bad consiquences... just learning expierences).
Take time everyday for the next week and look at how my "coincidences" happened. See if you can't find a daily miracle in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment