Thursday, January 22, 2009

Selfishness

It took some time to come up with next topic to write about in relation to Flo. The idea of selfishness is the one that kept coming to mind... therefore it must be what I want need to write about. I think the reason selfishness is what comes to mind is that starting this blog requires me to write about me and that in itself is a selfish thing. The belief I have about selfishness is that it comes in two forms. Positive selfish and negative selfish. Positive selfish is making choices that involve concern for others while negative selfish choices are done strictly for the benefit of the one making the choice. As I thought about writing this blog I took time to meditate and think about how to do it in a positive manner. How to write so that you the reader would come away with something to think about and maybe try in your life. When and if the time comes that I feel I writing this blog for purely my own benefit I will stop writing.

How does internal growth play into positive selfishness?
There are times during the day where we are left alone with our own thoughts and actions. Is there a way to include others at this time? I believe the answer is yes. When we are trying to make changes within ourselves (in a positive manner) the resulting change is clearly going to benefit others. As we grow and mature as individuals the results directly affect all of those who we come into contact with. We are able to share our thoughts and talents with others without worry as to what someone else will think. We become more confident in allowing others to see us for who we really are and we allow them to love us for who we are. There is no longer a sense of hiding during the day. We don't have to pretend that we are someone we really aren't. This "True Person" I believe is the greatest gift we can share with others.

Throughout the day I try to check the intent of my actions. Am I doing my job not just for a paycheck but for the clients I working for? Am I acting in true manner? Do I make the effort to listen and hear what others are saying? When I answer am I telling them what I think they want to hear or am I saying what I really feel needs to be said?

There is direct result in how close I am to Flo and how I would answer these questions. The more I am in tune with Flo energy the answers to the questions become YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment